Behind And Beyond Your Knowing (BABY K) Episode 5: The Benefits Of Abiding In The True Vine
Study Text: John 15:1-17
We have been discussing on the need for alignment with the true vine in our previous episodes, the last episode was centered on “Consequences of not abiding in the true vine”.
In this episode we will be looking at the benefits of abiding in the true vine. The Rights and privileges we are entitled to as a branch of the true vine.
Practical illustrations: using a family as an example: a father and his son/daughter. There are certain privileges a son/daughter will get from his/her father that the father won’t bestow to others, talking about the love, affection, provision.. Reason been that the child is connected to him, his father I.e he his aligned.
Another practical illustration is the story of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32), at first before he requested for his share of his father’s possession he was enjoying some privileges from his father which his father can’t give to any other person, talking about the service of his father’s servants, the love, the care and protection. But after he left, some of those privileges he lost for a while. After he has exhausted the possessions his father gave to him he knew that to get those privileges back, he need to to re-align himself back to his father as a servant but to show that his father still care for him he took him back not as a servant but has his ones lost son.
We will be looking at some of the benefits of aligning with the true vine (Jesus Christ) I.e the advantages according to John 15:1-17.
1. John 15:7 – But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. (Message bible translation)
Luke 11:9 “Here’s what I’m saying: Ask and you’ll get; Seek and you’ll find; Knock and the door will open.
Note: Luke 11:9 may not work for you except you are aligned with Jesus the only true vine, it is when you are aligned you bear his name as a son or daughter which will warrant you this privilege.
2. John 15:9 “I’ve loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love.
10. If you keep my commands, you’ll remain intimately at home in my love. That’s what I’ve done – kept my Father’s commands and made myself at home in his love.
Note: ones you are aligned and keeping the commandment of the true vine you are automatically abiding in his love I.e there is this deep love God only show to his own children, like the story of JOB before the chairman of the false vine was able to lay hands on JOB he first took permission from his source (God) unlike those not connected he has free will over them (Job 1:6-13).
3. John 15:11 – “I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature.
Note: another benefit of abiding in the true vine is that you will know not sorrow, your joy will be full.
4. John 15:15 – I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father.
Note: ones you are now abiding and keeping the commandment of the only true vine you are now officially noted as a child of God in heaven I.e as a friend of Jesus certain things will be made known to you because you are now his.
5. John 15:16 “You didn’t choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won’t spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.
Note: The only vine that produce good fruit is that of Christ I.e when you are connected to that vine and doing his will be sure that you won’t be disappointed.
In Conclusion: Abiding in the only true vine will determine the kind of life you will live which will then determine the kind of fruit you produce.
Prayer Point: Father, please re-align me so I can get all this privileges and benefits from you.