Behind And Beyond Your Knowing (BABY K) Episode 4: Abide In Me And I In You (Part 2).
Study Text: John 15:5-6
5: “I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing.
6: Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire.
Further Study: John 15:1-27
In the last Episode of BABY K we discussed on the part one of this lesson “Abide In Me And I In You”
John 15:6 says: Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire (message bible translation).
What happens if we don’t Abide in God?
Like I said in the previous episode, if we are not aligned to Jesus then we are aligned to the devil it is as simple as that. You can’t be in between!.
It is either light or darkness (nothing like “Lightish dark”).
It is either Good or Evil
It is either pure or dirty (nothing like “purelish dirty”).
when Jesus said that he his the true vine, he meant there is also a false vine which is the devil.
Practically: a mango tree won’t produce a water Mellon or orange fruit. I.e we can’t be good and be doing evil? That evil person doing good needs something evil in return.
Jesus Christ meant:
- If you don’t abide in me then you are not of me
- If you don’t abide in me then you are not living I.e you are either dead or existing.
- If you don’t abide in me then you dont have a relationship with me.
- If you don’t abide in me you dont believe in me i.e will perish (john 3:16).
Practically: using a mango tree that has many branches.
Can a branch of a tree produce fruit without it connected to it vine?
If the branch is cut off after some days you find out that the branch changes its state, the inner and outer appearance changes, it becomes dry (dead). Or have you seen a branch after it was cut off still growing?.
1 John 3:8-9 Says:
8. Those who make a practice of sin are straight from the Devil, the pioneer in the practice of sin. The Son of God entered the scene to abolish the Devil’s ways.
9. People conceived and brought into life by God don’t make a practice of sin. How could they? God’s seed is deep within them, making them who they are. It’s not in the nature of the God-begotten to practice and parade sin.
Verse eight is talking about the vine, branches and fruit of the devil, while verse nine is talking about he vine, branch and fruit of God.
Note: The basic truth is that it is possible to aligned back to God.
In conclusion: to be attached to God means to be connected to God and to be detached from God means to be connected to the devil.
Prayer Point: Father please Help me abide in you, don’t let me detach my self from you.